[DML] Door ajar light and rear window defogger

[DML] Door ajar light and rear window defogger

I have a very strange problem. When I turn on the rear window defogger, the
door ajar light comes on and there is a clicking noise coming from the relay
compartment. What is happening? I was told to unplug the door relay from
its circuit breaker to make the locks manual and to keep from burning out the
solenoids; however, the clicking sound can still be heard if the rear
defogger is activated and the door ajar light comes on. Can anybody give me
a clue as to how to solve this?

Brian
VIN 1597