[DML] Re: dash crack

Erik wrote:

>i was wondering if anybody out there has
fixed the cracks on their own and how. <

Erik

My car had two cracks in the dash pad, one above the glovebox,
the other behind the instrument cluster. The previous owner
had the dash fixed by one of those vinyl repair outfits popular
with used car dealerships. These repairs are not permanent,
as both cracks had returned in my car. There are two ways to
permanently repair cracks in dash pads - replace the pad with a
new one or have the old pad stripped and new vinyl bonded to
the old core. I have use both processes with excellent long term
success. The current price for a new DeLorean dash pad is around
$625. Just Dashes will recover your old dash with an exact match
vinyl grain for less than that. Obviously, both procedures require
that you remove the dashboard.

Mike Griese
Storage Software Development Manager
IBM Storage Systems Division