Re: [DMCForum] DMCH's new ball joints

As for DMCH's new ball joints, I don't understand why they
would have a batch custom made when you can buy them almost
anywhere cheap.  But at least with DMCH you would know that
you should have the right part and didn't waste all day
driving around town trying to find it locally.

These are the part numbers for it that I have written down
if you try the local approach:
TRW L2020-17006
NAPA 26001142 (also same as 1966- Volkswagen Type 1)
Moog KF-33 or K-9025

Go to
http://www.expressautoparts.com/store/indexpart.cfm
and select 1966 Volkswagen and click "go".
On next page select Type 1
Then click "suspension"
Now in the right column you should see "Ball Joint".  Click
the links to see price and larger photo.  Does the photo
look familiar?  Isn't the price unbelievably cheap?

Even though I'm not entirely pleased with the PDC stainless
steel frame, I can vouch that their front lower control arms
(I have a set, but not installed yet) are a work of art.
The only complaint on them that I have is that the sockets
for the sway bar bushings are squared off on the corners
instead of softly rounded like on the OEMs.  I think this
might wear the bushing in a not-so-good way.  A generous
smear of JB-weld could fix that. (seriously!)  I think it
was Knut Grimsrud who installed a set on his car and put
something about it in the DML tech section.

As for the PJ Grady collar kit: I've seen one, helped
install it, forgot about it, had car's owner refresh my
memory on how it fit since you started asking about it, and
now I remember that I really like it.  So I highly recommend
it with the exception that you might still need to shim or
weld the ball joint in there to make it fit tight.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cl4leeq/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070752945/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=492034761>