[DMCForum] Fuel system issues

Well here I am again, dealing with fuel delivery problems. You're not
alone Andrei.

Post-tech session, the car ran beautifully, but there was still just
a -hint- of something there..a restriction or tiny loss under hard
acceleration.

Dave's computer showed that the entire driver's side bank was weaker
than the passenger side. #5 was pretty much dead due to a faulty plug
wire. #4 and #6 were not dead, just weaker.

I have since replaced all wires (thanks Bill) with no improvement in
performance. The "bug in the throat" is slowly getting worse. That's
what it sounds like to me.

I have:
A new fuel filter
New pick-up screen in the tank
Blasted the engine with Dave's de-carbonizer/fuel injector cleaner.

Even so, if enough crap got sucked up by the injectors, those tiny
screens may not come clean. I have another fuel pump to test with
(Thanks Eric Itzel). I'll just have to use the scientific method
again I guess.

I still pass people on the road, but it's annoying when you know
there's more power to be had.

I only post this to see in anyone has any off-hand suggestions.

Rich A.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cb46o2b/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070665671/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=177283428>