[DMCForum] Re: Brake Fluid Cap (Delorean 5096) -- Note to Rich A at End

[DMCForum] Re: Brake Fluid Cap (Delorean 5096) -- Note to Rich A at End

Brakes are closed system. No breathing -- air MUST be evacuated
through bleeder nipples at four calipers (air in system just collapses
on itself rather than pushing caliper pistons, making brakes feel
"mushy"). Brake fluid also absorbs moisture out of atmosphere. Water
in brake fluid worse than air -- just as mushy and rusts system from
inside.

Re: #5096 in general -- concentrate on mechanicals first. Best
cosmetics in the world are useless if car can't be driven. In ideal
world you'd do both.  With limited resources (time as well as money)
you're going to have to prioritize.

I'm driving the queen of fixer uppers. Key word in that sentence is
"driving". Car practically lives on insterstates 95 and 85. Is why I'm
so satisfied with the vehicle. Much easier to keep interest and
enthusiasm high when car not stuck in driveway.

Is no shame to drive a DeLo commensurate with your resources. At least
you're in the race. Are *MANY* (most?) nicer examples than mine, but
at least I have one. Look at how many people are still waiting for
ownership. At recent NJ pow-wow, with big dent in my passenger door,
no headliners, eyebrows, chipped wheels, etc, etc, etc, felt sorry for
poor Aaron Crocco who had even less (no DeLo).

Note to Rich A: do not worry one bit about attending DeLo get
togethers. Have discovered cars themselves are actually LAST thing
everybody looks at. #5939's deficiencies are lucky to get even a
passing glance. No exaggeration -- events truly are about people and
fellowship. Wasted a whole year NOT attending because I had your same
fear of scrutiny. Won't make that mistake again.

Big exception is when somebody's car misbehaves. Is the great
equalizer. Drivers of highest and lowest dollar cars lie side by side
underneath to get dead vehicle back on road. And love every minute.
Stranded driver may be mortified or embarrassed, but again -- NO ONE
ELSE FEELS SAME WAY. Dead vehicle probably never received so much
attention (why it died in first place?), but as soon as it's back on
road drops from everybody's consciousness.

DeLo ownership really ISN'T about the cars...

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Samuel <samuel_yahoo@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Question. The brake fluid cap has a slit in the top of the cap. Is this
> for breathing or should it not be there. If it shouldnt be there, is
> there a way to patch this small slit that will withstand up to the
brake
> fluid? The rest of the cap is in good condition.
>
> I have a list of things to do and it will grow and shrink.
>

> Samuel

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cjjg3gj/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1069743025/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=934578409>