Re: [DMCForum] Re: Good stuff....

OK, time for me to apologise. I appreciate other people will have
different opitions to mine and I do respect them. But when it comes to
someone telling me I'm wrong when I know I'm right on an engineering
principle, I'll fight tooth and nail. If I'm not sure, I will shut up
(eg Jim/turbos)

I was recently told off for arguing with a certain high-ranking member
of the DeLorean Onwers Club over here who suggested it is perfectly ok
to jack the front of the car up on the anti-roll bar mounts.

Bill, Rich, Gary, even Jim, I'd still enjoy having a few beers with you
guys. But remember, you have to drink it by the pint.

Martin

cruznmd wrote:

>I was following this civil debate with interest, but now that the
>smartest one among has has entered with the usual insults I've lost
>interest.
>
>We listen to Martin because when he disagrees, or we're just flat out
>wrong and he's right, he doesn't insult us and he isn't
>condescending. He still treats us with respect.
>
>My only input into this debate is this: Bill, I must confess I've
>never heard of advancing timing to eliminate knock/ping. Every book
>I've ever read and mechanic I've talked to says knock is possibly
>(not always) a sign of over-advanced ignition.
>
>Does this mean you're wrong? No. You have cars which show that you
>know what you're doing. You just use words differently than we do and
>you look at the concepts differently.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.4074964.5287182.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1732163/R=0/SIG=11n0nglqg/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30510&media=zone> click here