[DMCForum] Re: tone L.O.C.

I did not check the gap on -every- valve. I suppose I should. I never
fussed with the valve clearances during head removal/installation
though.

The one I did check was satisfactory. I'll do the rest though.

Also, my gauge dropped to zero as soon as I unscrewed it so it should
be ok for a leak down tester.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrei Cular" <acular@xxxx> wrote:
> Did you ever check gap on your valves?  The low compression could
be do to a
> valve not seating 100%.
>
> Most compression gages have a check valve which makes them useless
for a
> leakdown tester.  I have one that came with two different hoses,
one with a
> valve for compression and the other with an air fitting for
leakdown.

> Andrei

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3625325.4914071.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1695348/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa