Re: [DMCForum] Walt's lovely new hand-built engine

Re: [DMCForum] Walt's lovely new hand-built engine

> >would love to have that kind of power in my DeLorean IF it would
otherwise
> >still have good economy for normal city driving.
> >
> I doubt this will be a problem considering the price of fuel in the
US....

What?  You think us fat lazy Americans are made of money? ;-)

> >I have been reading the Emerald web site and like everything I see so
far
> >about them.  For those of you who are interested, the link is:
> >http://members.aol.com/emeraldm3d/
> >
> It will cost considerably more to use an emerald ECU than an
> off-the-shelf one for the job...

Well I want one anyway!  I like to tinker.  And yes Darren told me that if
muck it up then "on your head let it be".

> If you want 300+ horsepower, the energy has to come from somewhere, so
> fuel economy will fall, but not massively.

My hope is that while I drive a 300+ hp engine like it were an OEM 130 hp
then fuel economy wouldn't suffer too much.  But then we are talking about
DeLorean with 300+ hp.  Who could avoid stomping on the pedal
occasionally?
Additionally I am hoping that the newer technology stuff like EFI w/o that
restrictive air metering flap will make up some of the fuel economy
difference.

> >It wasn't an easy conversation because I had to listen
> >so carefully to get past his accent.
> >
> You great nancy!

According to the American Heritage Dictionary, I just got called a fag.
Now
consider that those Brits call all their friends "mates".

> The biggie as
> far as I can see with the A610 turbo monster is getting the exhaust and
> intake pipework working and effective in the intercoolers without
> modifying the engine bay. This would be expensive.

Okay, so the regular 3 litre 24 valver oval exhaust port mini-monster it
is!

> I'm not sure what set he got - the "medium" or "loud". I've heard both
> and the Medium would be my choice. The Loud hurt my ears.

Kayo previously tried another custom exhaust system and had to shelve it
because it was too loud for New York.  I only heard his new system from
Don
and thought that was loud.  It wasn't too bad until he used the tranny to
slow the engine down.  On my system Don said that he could arrange the
baffling to be quieter without making it any more restrictive.  But if
that
is what he made for Kayo, then I want mine more restrictive.  Okay, call
me
nancy!  Maybe I should hang a silver pair of balls under the rear fascia
so
people know my car has testosterone.

If Don hasn't already made the muffler then suggest to him that there is
more room for a bigger one.  Stock appearance isn't important for me.  And
what about a heat shield for the crank pulley?  Would an OEM style fit?
Would you need one for testing purposes?  Is there any way he can keep the
lumen of the pipes constant instead of being pinched in the bends?  Is
that
what they call a mandrel bend?

Nance,
err, I mean
Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3512844?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=717615875>