From: Martin Gutkowski [mailto:webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 5:16 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Martin's lovely new hand-built engine

Darren will be delivering it in a couple of weeks.

It is a stock DMC engine, but a mish-mash of reconditioned and new
parts. The block, sandwich plate, sump and crank are coming from the
engine that was in the car when I got it. Basically all the parts that
wear are being replacesd. The crank is the one exception and that shows
negligible wear (was tested professionally and still comes within
manufacturer's specificatinos). All internals have been replaced. Many
of the bits came from a brand new crate Volvo engine that I picked up
from Chris Parnham for £350. Several items such as valves came from
Darryl or eBay. Yet more items such as water pump and timing chains came

from Renault, and items like chain sliders came from Volvo.Sprockets,
conrod bolts, dipstick and other stuff came from DMCH

As you know, Darren Bowker is a "professional hobbyist" when it comes to

building engines. I will be sure to post photos when I get the lump. It
will be a benchmark for any concours competitor, that's for damn sure.

Except the fuel lines, which I'm having made and will look slightly
different

Martin

Walter Coe wrote:

>Martin,
>
>Tell us all about your new engine.  Is this the one made to look stock?
>
>Walt

>.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705
126215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/au
toredir?camp=556&lineid=3512844&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egrou
pmail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=319186411>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512