Re: [DMCForum] RE:Door Gap

Ken,

It appears that the door is sticking out (not closing all the way).  If
this
is the case then check to see if the front pin is interfering.  If it is
adjusted too far out (towards the car's LH side) then it could cause that
kind of gap.

If it is closing all the way but the door is too far back then it is
possible that the front pin is too long and pushing the door back.  You
can
tell if you see where the pin is scraping.

A good diagnostic is to remove one or both pins and see how the door
closes.
If when closed the bottom of the door is not parallel with the door sill
then you have a hinge problem.  Otherwise you have a striker pin
adjustment
problem.

The wrong way to adjust the door is to try to align it to the other
panels.
The right way is to adjust the door to the underbody and then adjust the
panels to match the door.

I don't think there are any fore/aft adjustments to the location of the
front fender.  I've never had one off (yet), so I'm not qualified to say.

If you determine that the whole door needs to move forward, there are
shims
that can fit between the hinge & door to do this.  Some cars come with
shims.  Some cars don't.

Walt

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/HliolB/TM