RE: [DMCForum] alternators 101

A severe draw at a stop seems to be atypical of the stock alternators.
Mine
did the same and eventually began eating batteries. If your battery seems
be holding a charge my guess is that it's ok, but remember that the
alternator is 20 years old.

I figure that the only way the alternator might affect idle is if
something
inside of it is resisting the turning of the pulley. If this was true I
would expect the belt to squeal terribly.

I installed the Cadillac alternator and there's not much that can pull the
needle down, even a fog machine!

Does