Re: [DMCForum] Starter motor removal

> Any quick instructions on how to take the starter off?

First remember to disconnect the battery (duh! :-)

The starter is held onto the transmission bell-housing with three bolts
that
point rearward.  (Same deal whether automatic or manual.)  The
center/passenger side bell-housing eyelet should have a steel roll-pin
inserted to help the starter mount in the correct location.  If this is
rusted/frozen, then the starter may require a few taps to get it off.
Make
sure you don't loose the roll-pin; it may fall out.

When it goes back together, make sure you reconnect the thin wire that
activates the cold start circuit while cranking.  Otherwise the car will
suddenly acquire a cold starting problem.

>From your photo, it looks like you have a leaky low-oil pressure switch.

Walt

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/mG3HAA/HliolB/TM