RE: [doc] Surging Idle + Acceleration Problem = ????

RE: [doc] Surging Idle + Acceleration Problem = ????

Hi Alistair

This is most likely a fuel mixture problem

Nick Tomlinson's the man to give you the full low down on how it's all
supposed to work, but here's a few quickies

Check for vacuum leaks, if this has suddenly happened, are all your
hoses still connected? If the mixture screw has been twiddled, has the
bung fell out of the hole?

The reason it cures itself after about five minutes is that's about how
long it takes for the engine to warm up, and the CPR (which is nothing
more than an automatic choke) to lean off the mixture. It could be down
to the lambda system fighting a poor mixture, or possibly a dodgy 02
sensor - disconnect it and see if your problem goes away to try and
narrow down the fault.

I may get lynched for saying this, but in the end after I fixed the CPR,
I just chucked a bottle of injector cleaner in a full tank, and went for
a damn good thrash - it's been fine ever since :)

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk