Re: [doc] DMUK brakes,/ springs

Cross drilled and radially vented makes sense because brake fade is caused by the gasses that build up from the pads getting hot and creating a gas cushion. I'm sure race cars use pads that give fantastic braking with no gasses to speak of, but which last 50 miles...

But this is just "what I've read"

Martin

Dan wrote:

Ah so you know what I mean..

Vented brakes helps - but the debate is still open on drilling.. it doesn't really do anything! Race cars don't even have them these days...bigger surface area is better - drilling only helps pad wear!

I'm no expert on that but the results are out there.

Dan