Re: [doc] A few thoughts on DeLorean Windscreans-

Re: [doc] A few thoughts on DeLorean Windscreans-

Hi Chris

The price of the screen is kind of immaterial as it goes through insurance anyway, and FWIW if it were a strait "out-of-pocket" expense, Dave's are CHEAPER (despite what I have said before - that supplier suddenly doesn't have them now we want one). If my screen were to go, I'd want it replaced with the same tint, which is why I haven't approached Dave for Steve's screen.

There's also the issue of going to Manchester to collect it vs getting it delivered. When I collected Rich's it only JUST fitted in my Xantia with the seats down. They're big screens!

Martin

Chris Parnham wrote:

I don't want to seem "picky" but 8 years ago when the only DeLorean w/screens available were $1, 200 dollars in America, Dave Howarth took it upon himself to get some made for UK owners. At the time he had to have a minimum of 10 made, in Holland or Belgium ( he cant remember which) it took months to organise and the initial cost of 197 BGP each, escalated to 350 with all duties , shipping VAT etc.

Now 8 years on after spending 3.5K of his own money, he still has 4 left, he sells them at cost price, nothing at all added for profit or inflation and it annoys me when some folk publicise the fact that the can get one made for a few quid cheaper or that the shade of tint is not quite right. It does not surprise me that Dave is backing out of the spares business with so little support from members. No they don't have the DMC logo, only genuine one's will have, but many of the genuine one's are now starting to de-laminate, around the edge with age. Your tax disc cover up the logo anyway.

Technology has moved on and I believe w/screens are now made just using a set of numbers, but it does little to support the clubs founder to clear the last of his 8 year old stock!

Just a thought.

Chrispy

I'm not having a go at any one in particular, I've been think about this one for the last year or two.

After all, we are a small "family" and should support each other when we can.....Just my 2P