Hi Stephen,
Dave took DGS for a run the other week after doing the reverse light switch and trailing arm bolts, when he came back I noticed coolant squirting out of one of the short hoses that goes between the metal coolant pipes from the engine to the rad. We replaced the pipe even though it seemed ok, but the car still kept boiling over and the fans wouldnt cut in. It was found to be a faulty thermostat (part no. matches a Porsche 928) which Dave fitted as well as one of JRG's bleed kits and the car runs great now, the fans cut in right on cue and no more overheating. We will be getting a stainless coolant bottle eventually tho, as we dont trust the original plastic one.
Claire
#2292 'Flopsy'

----- Original Message -----
From: Stephen Strelczak
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, April 08, 2003 9:49 AM
Subject: RE: [doc] bleed'n adapter[Scanned]

"As Steve S will attest - this does not work.... (well it does but not
forever!)"

Indeed it does not work forever. If you have problems with your coolant
system, check first for any weeping areas of the piping system, even a
tiny drip or dribble from one of the joins, will be letting in air,
which will play havoc.