RE: SOLVED !!!!!!!!! Re: [doc] Please help with engine Idle speed when w

RE: SOLVED !!!!!!!!! Re: [doc] Please help with engine Idle speed when warm ok, when cold hunts and stalls.

Hi Martin, the ideal way of course would be to use jump leads with the anti-surge unit contained. I understand your response about capacitive load although the head-lights trick can be used as a basic voltage/current surge device for DC voltages due to the transient current response of the tungsten filament (which can be assumed as an inductive load) although this is not ideal. Capacitive & inductive loads really have a major effect if using AC voltage as it will change the phase between the voltage and current making it a complex relationship etc etc...

I'll send you pics of the circuit board both component and circuit track side if you're interested. I'll take some tonight. There was a few diodes but hardly any smoothing/ de-coupling caps etc. A circuit diagram would be nice but I repaired it using a cost vs time as opposed to a full analytical component test of the board.

A circuit diagram could be reverse engineered, I'd probably do that once my car is fully running right. I still need to check my fuel pressures...

Does anyone have a spare Warm up/ Fuel Control Pressure Regulator I could try??

The Bosch number I have on mine is: 0 438140066 and 047 and 916(circled)

Can anyone verify this is the same type on thier car??

I didn't want to start a thread about what is the best way to jump start a car etc, I'd say the best way is never to let the battery go flat in the first place..!!

Thanks to all who replied with suggestions about my original problem, I appreciate the help.

Nick.

 "Gutkowski, Martin" <martin.gutkowski@xxxx> wrote:

Headlights are just low value resistors, they won't snub voltage spikes. You need capacitive load for that. Think of the time it takes for a lightbulb to "heat up" when turned on. They do not react quickly to a change in voltage so will not snub a spike.

The "computers" in the DeLorean are Bosch units and have a very low failure rate - I will bet they have smoothing capacitors in them, and back emf protection diodes, you name it. The only electronics you need to worry about is the auto tranny governor which does not have this protection.

Martin

[trimmed post]

DOC UK Website: www.delorean.co.uk