Re: [doc] Volvo's & my Scrapheap Challenge

On 17-11-2002 20:01, jamesrguk wrote:

> I have isolated the injector that is causing my misfire
> problems and decided to head to the local scrap yard in
> search of old Volvos with the same engine.
[snip]
> Having returned home I popped one out of my car and
> thinking about it having seen my original I reckon
> that they are exactly the same.
>
> Is this likely?, the engine is not a V6 so is it likely
> that they are completely different and just look the same.

There is definately a possibility that they are the same,
especially if the engines are from the same era.
It would be more cost effective for Volvo to have only one
kind of this part; lesser part numbers is cheaper production.

> I know the ultimate answer it to write down the part # and
> head back to the scrap yard.

That WOULD be the safest option; just like on computers,
the case can be exactly the same, but the internals can
differ A LOT. With the injectors the opening pressure could
be very different from the original ones on the DeLorean.

Good luck on the parts hunt,

JAN van de Wouw
Thinking Different... Using a Mac...

#05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000