Clutch master cylinder

Hi all,

Since I'm no nearer to getting my car MOT'd (headlights are still no nearer to me than the Diesel Centre.. french!) I'm going to take my clutch problem.

On investigation I can get the car to shift gears without the engine running. When she is running... not a chance. It's been getting progressively worse over the weeks to a point now where the engine MUST not be running to get her out of reverse and in to first. I think that there is no pressure in the clutch system - therefore a faulty master cylinder? I've not had the time to check and with the weather like it is here (lashing with rain) I may not get to check over the weekend either... Any pointers of tests I can run? Price of a master cylinder off hand? (if it's that?)

Of course, the fluid bottle may have split and dumped it's contents.... but again, I can't check yet!

Still.. got till July 14th to fix it :o(

Dan
Vin#5284 - Hana