Re: [doc] Delorean electrics

--- In doc-uk@xxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:

Many thanks for your reply, and thanks to Chris for his kind words.

> Sounds to me like the switch needs attention - ie it's getting
stuck ON when you push it up. Presumably when you click "down"
> it stops?

The window stops when you release the button, it's when it's reached
the closed position and you hold the switch on alittle longer, you
get a 'click, click, click' sound from the motor trying to continue
to turn, on most cars there's a device or contact that shuts the
motor off at it's extreme position, doe's the Delorean have one,

also both Solenoid's still seem to work in a fashion and I was
wondering if I needed to do anything to keep them this way apart from
clean the rusty earth contacts, I read on the DOC tech page about the
Solenoids, do I still use them in their original state without any
alteration (been working fine for the last 20 years) or do I need to
get them modded to be safe.

by the way, do you think I've got all the parts for my switch (rear
window), I thought there must be another part in the switch rocker or
extra spring somewhere to spring the return?

anyway thanks again,

Regards

James #569