Re: [doc] Questions!

Hi Nick,
Another common fault to look out for is stuck electric windows.
My passenger side window was stuck when I bought my D' . I got the motor
working but the actual regulator has plastic guides that can often break.
This causes the window not to close correctly.
A new window motor and regulator mechanism will set you back about $299!
These are improved with metal guides however.
I managed to get a good second-hand one for $100.
Fitting the motor and regulator involves removing the two main door trim
panels.
Be very careful as the edges of the metal inside the door pressing are sharp,
tape
them over or use some flange finisher (rubber strip). Its a fiddly job but
its easier
than a Saab prototype rear door I had to put a motor and regulator in at work.
Regards
Nick H