RE: [doc] Removing front fascia! - LONG REPLY

RE: [doc] Removing front fascia! - LONG REPLY

Thats great Richard, sounds like a good laugh! lol

I'll let you know how this goes.

Thanks!
Thomas Mc Auley
Vin 4087

Richard <dickyh11@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Oh I have a bit of experience with these now ;)

Yes you have to remove the bonnet to get at the screws along the top
edge.
You don't need to remove the headlights, they make absolutely no
difference.
There is a single screw attaching the centre of the fascia located
behind the DMC grill.

You will need to remove the front spoiler. Starting at passenger end:

1. One screw attached to the support arm, should come out OK with a
little easing oil.
2. Two studs attaching spoiler to front wing: nuts will probably shear
off
3. Two studs attaching to bumper and brackets, leave the brackets
attached to the bodywork. Remove the nuts from the studs,  They will
probably shear off too
4. Five nuts on studs from bottom of mesh panel.
5. Remove two bolts either side of the mesh.
6. Remove five bolts across the top of the mesh.
7. Remove mesh.
8. Two studs attaching to bumper and brackets, as 3 above but we're now
on the drivers side. Guess what?...The nuts will probably shear off.
9. Two studs attaching spoiler to front wing. Absolute git to get at as
they are behind the washer bottle cover: nuts will probably shear off
10. One screw attached to the support arm, should come out OK with a
little easing oil.
11. Withdraw spoiler
12. Stick you head under the passenger corner of the fascia and look up,
about level with the corner of the fibreglass tub, you should see a stud
poking inwards from the fascia, there -may- be a nut attached to it -
remove it.
13. Do the same on the drivers side, only this time you'll have to go by
feel as you can't see it. Pray the nut is missing.....*Skip 14 if it is*
14. Remove washer bottle to get at offending nut (sorry)
15. Prise out the sides of the fascia, roughly at the bottom of the
black 'bumpery' bit to release the studs from the front wings, be
careful not to scratch the steel.
16. Lift the fascia from the bottom edge up and out in a hinging motion
about the top edge.
17. Recover from the ordeal.
18. Drill out all the broken studs on the spoiler and replace with bog
standard nut/washer/bolts instead.
19. When reassembling, if you had to remove the awkward nuts from the
side of the fascia, don't bother replacing them - unless you really
fancy torturing yourself to do it.
20. Use liberal quantities of copper grease!!

Rich Hutchinson
DOC 365 VIN 1274 (fascia off and on 3 times)

Of