Engine mods

Hi All

I've been chatting some more to the chappie who's building my new engine for 4426, and it seems this could be the start of a beautiful friendship :-)

Firstly, he's manning the Renault stand at the NEC so we can get together for a good old natter and bring him into the DeLorean world.

With regards my new engine, the cost is increasing steadily, but still will add more value to the car than the cost I reckon. I also asked about modding an existing DeLorean engine and the prices he was mumbling would be extremely reasonable (though a free-flowing exhaust is a prerequisite). However the "modifications" would involve replacing the stock ignition and injection systems with equivalents off different PRV engines (eg the metering head off the Volvo with no lambda system), replacing the cams, lightening and balancing the flywheel, crankshaft, gas flowing, porting and polishing the heads etc etc.

He stressed that although he'd be using much of the existing running gear, only the things that don't wear out would get re-used. The pistons and liners would be replaced for example. You'd have a completely rebuilt engine.

I also quizzed him about the R25 turbo and how the engine differed from the R30, and the impression I got was that the Legend system was heading in the same direction.

Anyway, this guy is a mine of info on the engine and the gearbox and has a not inconsiderable stash of parts. Drop me a mail for more details. I also have some pics of the new exhaust system if you mail me.

Martin