Re: [doc] Re: Real world, FAQ.

Another suggestion is to start developing another alternative that is
commonly overlooked or completely ignored. The Renault-Alpine turbo and
normally aspirated version.

The DeLorean engine was developed from the Renault-Alpine from 1978-1980.
The engine in the DeLorean is commonly referred to as the Volvo 264 & 760
since it was the only car in the USA at that time that used that
engine...which is really stretching the truth & I know that we want to
provide the public with accurate information.

DeLorean Motor purchased seven (7) Alpines as test cars. DMC didn't
purchase any Volvos 264/760 GLE, Peugeot 604's, or Renault 30's as test
cars...However, they did purchase the Lotus Esprit S1 and the Mercedes Benz
300 SL Gullwing.

Of course that Renault had a very challenging global market, as their
reputation was for building small commuter cars such as the R5 and not known
for their supercar the Alpine-Renault 310-610A. Renault was winning in
Formula 2 & 4 and Formula 1 with the twin turbo, Racing version of the PRV
motor.

If I can provide you with any literature or information on the Alpine,
please contact me.

Michael Pack

<< > Q: What's the engine?
> A: It's a Peugeot Renault Volvo V6 (PRV-6) 2849cc Bosch K-Jet fuel
> injected SOHC 90 degree V6. It's the US emission-controlled version
of
> the Renault 30's lump, and uses a slightly modified version of the
same
> transmission (both 3-speed auto and 5-speed manual). The gears are
> taller and the transaxle is rotated through 180 degrees for rear-
mounting.

> Q: How powerful is it?
> A: In US form, it's not great. The engine only develops 130bhp.
However