Re: [doc] DeLorean cars have asbestos? Courtesy of Class-Action Lawsuits

Re: [doc] DeLorean cars have asbestos? Courtesy of Class-Action Lawsuits

In message <11e.10a2bf24.2a129528@xxxx>, Senatorpack@xxxx writes
> Does anyone know if the DeLorean had a significant amount of Asbestos
>used in the car, such as the heat shields, brakes, foam blocks in the
>fiberglass underbody and exhaust manifold gaskets?
> There are new developments about asbestos that was primarily used in
>production automobiles from Europe and the USA back in the 1960s, 1970s and
>1980s.
> If the DeLorean does have asbestos, what parts should be updated, and how
>should we proceed removing it?

These people should be rounded up and shot.

FWIW, I don't think that there is sufficient asbestos in a Delorean to
cause any risk to you or other users of the car, unless you choose to
eat your brakepads (and haven't changed them since 1981, which is
possible I suppose!).

The lawyers are, seemingly, intent on finding things that really ought
to be left to Darwin's 'survival of the fittest' - such as the 'Caution
- Contents May Be Hot' on my cup of coffee from McDonalds.

Richard (looking for funds for a DMC-12. Maybe there is some asbestos in
my old Vauxhall VX2300...).
--
Richard Kilpatrick, long haired prophet of doom. |\ _,,,---,,_
Musical suicide - www.mp3.com/RichardKilpatrick /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,