Lock, stock and two smoking solenoids.

Martin, I believe you're the chap who upgrades the central locking
module units,
After removing the trim and getting the passenger solenoid off, it
seems to be dead on the return, It'll lock, but not unlock, a meter
shows that it's faulty on one side.
I was talking to Dave at the weekend (still waiting for my bits?) and
he said that there's a close matching solenoid that could be used,
now I'm tempted to take this around to a couple of scrap yard dealers
and ask whether they've got any solenoids that are similar to this.
(Doe's anyone know off what car?)

Now I've took my Central locking unit off and wondered if I can still
connect the battery ok as there seems to be a live connecting to the
module on the Aux Short stop relay or whatever it is, an unused
connector on the other side of the Aux, a Live off the main loom on
to the Batt side of the short stop thingy and a Negative running off
into another relay somewhere else.

When I removed the cap off the module and operated the locks I
noticed that only one switch side (nearest) worked, the other was
redundant, is it ment to be like this.

Also on the subject of electrics, Dave said it would be a good idea
to replace the 20amp fuse that sits in the centre with a separate
fuse holder and upgrade it to a 25amp.
(snip and replace with a new standalone holder)
He said that this fuse can cause fires and he's seen loads of cars
with melted sections around where this fuse sits, I've checked mine
when I took each one out to clean and check and mine is perfect
without a mark.

Do I need to sort this? after all I'm just replacing a fuse with a
new fuse holder and fuse?

I've also sent a pic (in the Photos section) I took it at the weekend
to show you the current state of the module and to ask your opinion
if it generally looks ok on the surface, layout etc.

If you could send me your details on where to send my module and how
much, I'd be most pleased. (do i just send the module or do you need
the connecting short stop relay device along with it?)

Regards

James

Vin #569