[doc] New SORN rip-off. Long, but important.

[doc] New SORN rip-off. Long, but important.

All,

Press Release:
"DVLAs Consultation on Fee Proposals issued in August, sees a return to
the discredited attempts of the early '80s and mid '90s to make
motorists pay an annual fee even if keeping their vehicles off the road.

This grossly unfair proposal is one of several contained in the
consultation whose theme is that an 'annual registration charge' should
be collected at tax disc renewal or SORN  declaration to subsidise the
costs of first registration of new vehicles as well as the costs of
issuing/replacing driving licenses for individuals.

The level of the fees proposed in DVLAs 'preferred option' is GBP4.50
per VED or SORN transaction, collecting over GBP155 million extra
revenue from vehicle owners, without it _appearing_ to be an increase in
taxation. Once authorised, this fee would be set by DVLA and not subject
to annual parliamentary scrutiny in the budget: how long before the
GBP4.50 rose to GBP10.00 or GBP20.00 ??? " End Press Release

As historic vehicle owners we are already being screwed by the
government for the same tax as other vehicle owners - the rolling 25
year exemption being scrapped by the government when they got into
power.
Now the DVLA want us to cough up even when our vehicles are in the
garage, off the road entirely!! THIS AFFECTS ANY CAR OWNER. The extra
will be applied to tax discs too!
The Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs is petitioning the
government to block the proposals. They have DEFEATED these proposals
TWICE before.

Download the petition sheet from their website, sign it and get in the
post. Do it, before 30 November. Otherwise expect to be throwing more of
your hard earned cash down the toilet. Don't just forget about it and
then grumble when it happens, ACT NOW  -  I have.

More details and downloadable form at http://www.fbhvc.co.uk/

Rich H
DOC 365 VIN 1274

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk