Re: [doc] Re: (Foglight) Switch Decals

Hi Guys

Little bit of info for you here:

The original switchgear in the DeLorean is common to the Renault 30 and
probably other rens of the same era. Renault continued to use the same
"footprint" several years on, but redesigned the internals to be more
reliable. Unfortunately the caps are unique to the DeLorean and the
mechanism inside is totally different. I've got several window and
foglight/defrost switches from a later renault, all with exactly the
same clip-in fitting and the same plug, but infuriatingly, the caps have
a different molding - one that allows, for example, the cap to be pulled
off the fog/defrost switch without the internals falling to pieces! They
sound exactly the same too!

If anyone were to remanufacture the switches, these would make an
excellent starting point. The switches them selves are staill available,
all we'd need woule be the caps. Mr RG?

Martin

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk