[DML] Fixing Idling Issue. (was: Re: EFI? Megasquirt?)

[DML] Fixing Idling Issue. (was: Re: EFI? Megasquirt?)

Hmm, don't know if you might be having problems simular to mine, but
I had 2 big issues with my Idle Speed Circuit that I had to fix. And
Maybe you've got something simular?

1. Idle Speed Micro Switch
Mine wasn't being tripped my the throttle. I had to bend the bracket
up a bit, and that took care of it with no problems since.

2. Electrical Short in Idle Speed Motor wiring harness
I wasted money on a new ISM before I tested the wires, and found one
had some really bad resistance. I found the wire, spliced in a new
one, and the motor worked fine again. Now out of the 3, the one that
went bad was the wire that causes the ISM to open. So my engine would
just die whenever I took my foot off of the gas pedal. Perhaps you
might have a bad wire that causes the valve to close, or something
else in the circuit? A bad microswitch would cause this issue as well.

If you want more details, I can either e-mail instructions privately,
or post them publicly for everyone else to benefit from as well.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mydmc5898" <mydmc5898@...> wrote:

> I'm considering doing this. I just changed the frequrency valve in
my
> car, to try and fix a high idle. (No luck) Anyway two of the hoses
> snaped like twigs. I had put in a new distrubitor, injectors, had
> almost all the parts replaced since maybe January of 2006. But the
odds
> and ends.
>
> But I'm getting tired of the high idle (2000rpm), and fuel problem
> after problem. Well you guys know the story. I could never stop
owning
> this car, but I just want it to work.
>
> Is there anyone on this list that has done it? I tired looking at
stuff
> on the internet, reading about it, trying to see what parts I need.
But
> if anyone could send me an email about how they did it, I would
greatly
> appricate it.
>
> thanks!
> -Darryl