RE: [DML] What do I need to replace a water pump?

RE: [DML] What do I need to replace a water pump?

Others will add to this, but...  While you are in the Valley of Death
also look at:

Must Do:
Soak all bolts in PB blaster well in advance!
Replacing all Back of Radiator Hoses
6 o rings for intake manifold
Coolant Y pipe o rings
Air horn gaskets
Thermostat and seal
Clean and inspect valley of death
New gaskets for inlet flanges on either side of water pump
Clean and refinish back of waterpump (you usually reuse your old
backplate)
All new bolts for back of waterpump (w/ anti seize)
All new bolts for Y pipe bolt down (w/ anti seize)
All new bolts for inlet pipe flanges (w/ anti seize)
All new bolts for intake manifold (w/ anti seize)
New Copper seals for injectors (if you replace the seals)

Should do:
Distributor Cap and Rotor
Plugs and Wires
All vacuum hoses
Vacuum port switch
New waterpump/alternator belt
Otterstadt sensor (while the system is drained anyway)
Metal Coolant Bottle
Oil Change (might as well)

Maybe Do:
New water return pipe
Coolant Y pipe
Temp sensor in coolant Y pipe
All new rubber hoses throughout right down to radiator (while the system
is drained anyway)
Water pump temp sensor
New Clutch Slave Cylinder (with bleeder kit?) or full clutch hydraulics
including SS line
New water heater control valve
Oxygen sensor

If your feeling ambitions its also a good time to:
Upgrade to metal radiator and new fans (while system is drained
Valve Cover Gaskets (while you have the room)
Upgrade Alternator (while the belt is off)
New Coil/Resistor (if your doing the plugs wires and caps it's a good
time to upgrade to 8mm and higher spark)
Replace all fuel lines in the Engine bay

SpecialTauto.com has lots of good photos, kits, and tempting doo-dads -
it's a good place to help figure out what you want - but all vendors
have great deals and different prices and kits - shop around.

Tom