[DML] Re: Delorean mysteriously died

I'm sure my method will still be viewed as 'no good', but I would
still like to explain a little. "Grinding", wrong word to choose in
describing. The bit I use is more like a small round file, and all I
did was file away the dirt and oxidation. AND I did all connections
under 2 minutes without the need to remove the actual connection from
the plug. I am however NOT filing long enough that there are little
pieces or shavings/dust of the connector all over the place.
Most connections I've worked with today have a silver plating on them,
I didn't think the connections in the DeLorean bulkhead had any
plating-but were all one material-hence another reason why I did this.
Its got to be impossible to do this without filing at least some of
the metal, but it's such a small amount I would never worry about
it-plus you don't need to do this every week or year. Once they're
nice and shiny [and bent closed a little for good contact] and coated
with Dielectric grease-they're done, I've only had to do this once and
never since; I don't think I'll need to worry for another 20 years. I
haven't found a better way to successfully get all the dirt and crud
off this type of connections-being it's such small and deep socket.
Wire brush just took stuff off the top of the socket-I can't get it
down into the socket that's what made me think of this special file.
If you don't coat these you'll have oxidation back in no time
especially if they get wet [for those who have no coil cover] so don't
forget to use the dielectric grease. If you have a better way of
successfully getting all the dirt and oxidation out of the entire
socket including down inside, I'm all ears! -----Dani B. #5003