[DML] Re: Can someone explain this? (distributor positioning)

[DML] Re: Can someone explain this? (distributor positioning)

I've already seen inside the CPR, thats why I was describing the
wires inside all burned and shorted apart. There's no reason to test
resistances with wires burned apart. I could solder and fix the CPR
that way, but I need to take this car on a 3405 mile drive [only if
it starts running good real soon!], I'd rather know the part is new.
-----Dani B.#5003

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "John Hervey" <john@xxxx> wrote:
> Dani,
> What Joe said is correct. If you want to see inside the CPR/ Warm up
> regulator go to the link below or go to my home page and go into
Bosch Warm
> up regulators on the left menu bar and you can see the inside.
> As Joe said, measure the resistance on the resistor on the inside
with an
> ohm meter across the 2 terminals and should read about 36 ohms. If
you have
> that then you know the resistor is good but the setting may have
changed
> causing it to continue to run rich. The higher the resistance say
compared
> to a 10 ohm means it will take longer for it to change from a WUR
to a CPR
> providing everything else is working alright in it.
> John Hervey
> http://www.specialtauto.com/warm-up-regulators.html

[moderator snip]