[DML] Re: Tires

I agree with most of what Ken says but most Deloreans are not running
on NCT's anymore. They did not wear all that well and as he said they
weren't the best tire anyway at the time. My point in mentioning this
about tires is that no matter what you do, age is catching up on the
NCT's. Worse than that is how the dreaded P.O. (previous owner) took
care of them. I mentioned on an earlier post how a local owner
replaced the tires on his car and we found the inside of one was all
chewed up inside from being driven on flat. The tire looked OK on the
outside but it was an accident waiting to happen. As good as the NCT's
were back in 1982 they are old technology now. At this point in time
my best advice for anyone is to save the NCT's for a Concours. The car
WILL drive much better with a set of new tires. If you do drive on the
NCT's you will never know how much better the Delorean can be with a
new set of tires. Ken is also correct that if this was a big problem
we would have heard of more tire failures by now and we don't so I
attribute that to the fact that most of the driven cars don't have
NCT's and the ones that do aren't driven much.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kKoncelik@xxxx wrote:
> This tire thread comes up all the time and in most regards everyone
is right
> in their own perspective.
>
> Bottom line is tires age
>
> I run NCT's on my car and how a tire ages depends on its care.
>
> Most tires are stored on cars outside and that will tear them up
quickly