interior and door advice

My 81 DMC sat from 1985 to 1997 untouched, but I when I bought it I found
that the dash is covered since it went from gray to brown/black, but the rest
isn't in bad shape. I want to re dye the seats for now since I'm still dealing
with mechanical problems and want to save some money before replacing seats,
dash, door panels, etc., but the seats are pretty cracked, the only real damage
is a sun mark on the driver door no larger then a quarter and not very
noticeable, and the stitch on the passenger door is coming a part. Would the covers be
ok to take off, I have asked this to a few restoration shops and have gotten
conflicting answers. Also my car was in a garage for almost a year and was
damaged more then fixed. The doors had almost brand new struts but I was told the
driver door gave out and the strut was replaced, however it has a sort of
limp to it. It opens only with help and needs you to hold it in position or it
droops down a bit. Is this the torsion bar or faulty strut?

thanks,
Darryl
5898