RE: [DML] New owner... relays? burned wire? Good mechanic near Philly?

RE: [DML] New owner... relays? burned wire? Good mechanic near Philly?

Let's see if I can hit a bunch of stuff in onr response here...

> how is the frame underneath the car

I haven't really had a chance to get under there and give it a good look.
That probably was a newbie mistake, too late now. I'll have to get it up in
the air at my mechanic's and get some photos.

> Make sure all of the recalls have been done

I haven't been able to find a listing of them; can sommeone provide
pointers? I see the fan fail relay has been replaced with wires with fuses,
and the plastic coolant tank has been replaced with a stainless one...
what's next?

> Every time I clear 1 item off my list I usually find 2 more!

Heck, every time I drive it I find more. Just yesterday I noticed the
drivers side mirror was jiggly at high speeds, and the rear-view mirror glue
is loose.

> replace ALL of the fluids

Hmm, that emphasis seems to imply something more than a cooling system flush
and an oil change. Clutch fluid, brake fluid, what else?

> I recommend a new cooling fan breaker

I figured I'd have to replace that. I've seen a couple of people suggest
higher-amp breakers than original -- anyone have any thoughts on that? I
could see the benfits of higher-amp relays, but changing breakers make me
nervous; they're supposed to be at a specific value to protect other
parts... I would be concerned about putting in a 40-amp breaker in place of
a 20 or 25, for fear of damaging something downstream or risking a fire,
since the breaker wopn't trip until there's much more load on the circuit
than was intended.

Thanks for the responses, both on-list and off.
--Scott