Re: [DML] Re: Brass Idle Speed Screws

What's there to lose capping off the idle speed motor? You only seal it off with a vacuum cap, and adjust the idle speed screws to where your car idles the way you want. It literally takes less than a minute to undo. I've found that my car runs MUCH stronger, and idles infinitely more smoothly through the screw anyways. You could start my car twice in a row and it would always settle into a different idle through the ISM. That doesn't happen with the via the screws. This suggests that yes, my idle speed motor was fried... but why spend $300 for a new one when it will fail again in the future, and my car seems to be happier as is?

Bill has gotten around the problem of adjusting to varying loads. He made a switch for his car that adjusts to fast/slow idle for the varying circumstances. I find that a little overkill myself... but it works great. If the original DeLorean design is as good as you keep suggesting, we wouldn't have these sorts of problems with our cars.

Louie Golden
VIN 10115

Pre-order the updated second edition of "DeLorean: Stainless Steel Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com"; target="_blank">here!</a>