Re: Brass Idle Speed Screws

When you disable the idle speed motor you give up a lot. The motor
will no longer run faster when cold and if you turn on the A/C or run
a lot of accessories like headlights and rear defogger the ISM cannot
keep the idle speed stable. Under high loads at idle the ISM will keep
the idle at 775 rpm. The fixed metering screws cannot adjust to
varying loads. In addition in some states you are not supposed to
tamper with anything that can affect the emissions. Some states do
check these things. For your own sake and that of a future owner it is
usually best to keep the car as origional as you can. It is often
harder to make changes than to try to stay origional.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757