Mmm, this crow tastes good...

People are having so much fun with dead DeLo's on the side of the road
I decided tonight to see what all the excitement was about (actually
#5939 decided for me).

Fortunately happened within a mile of so of house, where tools and
instruments were.

Quickly zeroed in on fuel pump. PO bypassed inertia switch in favor of
a permanent ground. Have no idea where he made connection, but
wherever it was, it isn't now.

Question then becomes: where to run a temporary ground on a plastic
car? Didn't want to lay around on wet pavement looking for a frame
bolt. Decided to run into passenger compartment seat belt bolt, where
I could at least keep an eye on it...

Lessons learned:
1) Never trust a PO any further than he or she can be thrown
2) Add a spool of wire to the jumpers carried in glove compartment
3) When your car does put you walking, don't freak out -- every effect
has a cause
4) Always keep a spare Ford at the house

BTW: if anyone's keeping score, my angle drive repair is still working
57 miles later...

Bill Robertson