Update on no ignition

Well to make a long story short, the power connector in the relay
holder for the start inhibit relay was not fully inserted and didn't
connect to the relay. I had to take that row of relays and put it
back in and now it works fine. I wish I had checked this first
instead of checking all of the wiring and circuits between the key
switch and the starter. I can't believe that normal driving would
make the connector fall off of the relay, especially when the car has
so few miles and I have never touched the relay before. I don't see
why any other owner would have either. Must have been installed
improperly at the factory.
On a related note, why is that relay there in the first place? You
could just put a jumper from the red/white wire from the ignition
switch to the red/white wire that goes to the starter. We did that
when we were testing and the car started fine. Could you leave a
jumper in there like that or does the relay serve as a kind of fuse?