Living in the Bermuda Triangle

Ok, so far I've done the following:

Cleaned and shined the braided ground from engine to frame, the
battery ground on the passenger side frame, the other end where it
hooks to the battery, cut off and reterminated the positive battery
cable at battery end (was corroded), and put a whole new terminal on
the end. No improvement. Engine still cranks very slowly.

Bought a remote starting trigger. Used the timing light to verify #1
was sparking at 12/13 degrees BTDC. No back fire, no cough, no nothing.

Pulled passenger side valve cover, verified the valve action vs.
timing mark and #1 at TDC. Timing chains installed correctly.

Called Houston, spoke with Bill at length. Checked dizzy, valves and
pistons again.

So basically, the laws of physics don't apply at my house. Atomized
gasoline feels no need to combust under pressure when an electrical
spark is applied at the proper time.