windows are screwed up... again...

Last year my passenger would not close all the way, the window was
crooked in the slot so when it rolled up the there was a 1/4 inch
open space on the front part of the window. I had took the door apart
and found that the plastic guide clips had come off from the "L"
shaped metal guide rail inside. I put the clips back around the guide
rail and everything was fine until today. Rolled window down, then up
and it was off the track again...

Just a few weeks ago my drivers window started making a loud clicking
sound when it reached what seemed to be the fully closed position. On
closer inspection today I see that it is not rolling up completely
with a space at the front, although a much smaller space than the
passenger side.

Are these symptoms of the worm rail coming out from the worm guide
tube? Would buying the improved regualtor units fix this or does it
seem like I have a different problem?

thanks for any info.
Adam 16683