Re: Re: Electrical Troubles

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:04:15 -0000, Knut Grimsrud wrote:

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie Golden wrote:
>> ... It'll show 10.5 volts on the gague,
>> and read almost 14 straight from the battery.
[snip]
> If the voltage for the same rail is different in two places,
> then you should ask yourself why that's the case if they
> are electrically connected.

Please DO remember that this only goes when using the same
meter for both measurements... So this would only truly be
the case when you've taken your multi meter and put it on the
battery, measured 14 volts, then used the connection for the
meter behind the dash to measure there with the multi meter...

For all you know the dash gauge's calibration is WAY off,
it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was...

JAN van de Wouw

Thinking Different... Using a Mac...
Shifting Expectations... Driving a Nissan...

DMC-12 "Dagger" since Sep. 2000
100NX "Saphire" since Nov. 2002