Re: [DML] Bad news on my head

From my PRV guy:
-------

I think it is prob too far gone..
And the fact that it has gone porous also means it is
scrap. It is not unusual for alloy engine parts to go
porous, even if it just one "pore".
-----

So there you go.

Martin

Jeff Phillips wrote:

Just got word from the machine shop that my passenger side head is warped .008" and there is a pin-hole on one cylinder. I've never heard of a head having a pin-hole and I'm having a hard time imagining how you could have a pin-hole in an aluminum chuck of metal. Does anyone have any advise on this phenomenum? DMLers have told that me the most the head can be machined is less than a few thousands of an inch. Would .008" be considered too much?

I'm now looking for a new/used passenger side head anyone with one available please email me offline at rv_party@xxxxx

Jeff