Re: Muffler Heat Shield

***** Moderator's Note *****
This pretty much beats this thread to death...

Mike G Moderator of the week
*****

It is somewhat important.

If it remains off, your muffler will cook your hoses, belts and
alternator. As an electronics nerd, I can tell you that any
electrical/electronic circuit's worst enemy is heat.

It is/was made out of asbestos.

You can build one yourself. I've heard of folks making them out of
two thin pieces of sheetmetal, leaving an thin air gap in between
them. (like a sandwich) This will provide enough shielding. Or, you
can save yourself the trouble and buy one from delorean.com for $50-
ish dollars.

They aren't that great because they fall apart when they get wet.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, doctorDHD@xxxx wrote:
> I noticed that my DeLorean does not have a muffler heat shield.
How