RE: [DML] DMC on The Tonight Show - (correct player needed)

RE: [DML] DMC on The Tonight Show - (correct player needed)

***** Moderator's Note *****
OK - all of our Windows and UNIX users should have what they need
to view the clip - This topic is closed...

Mike G Moderator of the week

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Jason Perkins wrote:

> Windows Media Player and Real Audio do not have the codec to play the
> DivX. You will need a different player that plays this codec- such as:
> http://www.divx.com/divx/

Windows Media Player will definitely play DivX videos if you have the
DivX codec installed. (And it's probably worth installing, since there
are plenty of videos out there that require it.)

I created the video from a TiVo-extracted mpeg2 using the encoder portion
of mplayer on Linux (http://www.mplayerhq.hu), but a couple of Windows
using friends of mine report that it plays just fine on WMP (with the
right codec installed, of course). FWIW, the Win32 port of mplayer is
really nice, and will play the video as well.

(Moderator, feel free to trash this post, as it has no DMC content at
all. Well, except my VIN.) :)

-andrew
Houston TX