Re: Fuel injector cleaners in gas tank ----Noooooo don't do it!

Jordan,

I hate this stuff, you have to remember that on a car the age of a
DeLorean a lot of tarnish and deposits will build up beyond the
inline fuel filter. The injector cleaner will release all of this
crap and deposit it right in your injectors.

I put injector cleaner in my tank whilst at a friends house and then
set of on the 100mile return trip, by the time I was home the car
was farting around all over the place and appeared to be misfiring
on 2/3 cylinders. On testing the injectors nearly all of them had
crap spray patterns and leaked, you could even see the dirt in the
top of the injectors.
They were fine before I put the cleaner in the tank.

I really wouldn't recommend using this stuff unless it has been done
regularly in the past.

Change your fuel lines and injectors (if they are knackered) and
forget about it, I would never use this stuff in any of my cars
again.

Also although you can clean these mechanical injectors, it is
normally the spring (which ensures the pressure at which the
injectors open) which weakens over a long time and causes the
injectors to leak and spray different amounts of fuel leading to
rough running.

Just MHO though

James RG

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jordan rubin <nuttenschleuder@xxxx>
wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> Does anybody have any thoughts on using those bottled fuel
injector cleaners when they fill up their gas? Some say it does
more bad than good.