Re: DMC Houston Performance

I spent about a week at the DMC Houston center while my car had
about $10,000 of repairs/upgrades made (not exhaust or engine
performance-related...just things that needed fixing or that
improved daily-driver reliability). I was able to listen to (and
drive) two individual cars that sported the performance exhaust that
DMC Houston sells. BTW, in each of these cars, the whole DMC
Houston engine upgrade had been done, not just the exhaust system
upgrade.

The overall effect was that the exhaust had a very nice deep,
throaty tone. Another thing I liked was the effect of the
performance cam upgrade on the exhaust sound (a loping, 60's muscle
car sound). I definitely liked the tone of the new exhaust, and
prefer it over the stock quiet system. It was louder (than stock)
inside the passenger compartment, but you could hold a conversation
over it unless you were really stomping the accelerator. Remember
that you will be listening to a 6-cylinder engine, not an 8-cylinder
engine that I associate with 60's muscle cars; the effect is very
similar but not exactly identical. It's definitely cool, though.

I have also decided, because I liked the way the new exhaust sounded
to me, that eventually I will get the new exhaust system, whether or
not I go with any other engine upgrades.

Clark
vin 4072

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "C. C. Cameron Putsch"
<putsch.1@xxxx> wrote:
> I am curious to know the opinion of someone who has either the DMC
Houston performance engine or the new exhaust as to how it sounds.
If you have just the exhaust how does it sound and does it make much
of a difference?