Re: Oil drain plug

In most cases replacing the plug itself is sufficient, the threads in
the pan are usually not that bad. Get a magnetic drain plug and a new
copper gasket. If the threads are really bad a thread insert is the
way to go. Just take the plug to the auto store, tell him you need a
metric thread insert for it and he will get you the tools and insert
you need. I will bet you have the wrong (american thread) drain plug
and it won't tighten in the metric threads. Order a drain plug with
gasket and the adapter to put it in.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757