Re: Woes #2

Since you don't own the car yet what you can do is very limited.
#1 could be a bad or loose trailing arm bolt or a loose bearing in the
rear carrier
#2 Could be a bad master cylinder and or a kinked or leaking hose to
the vacuum booster or a bad booster. Figure on rebuilding the brake system
#3 Could be anything from a bad Lambda relay to a kinked pick-up hose
to an overheated engine. See if the frequency valve is buzzing. Remove
the oil breather and inspect the underside for moisture and if it is
melted or gunked up. Check the dipstick for signs of moisture in the
oil. Figure on a complete tune-up and probably rebuilding the cooling
system. Step all the way down on the gas pedal with the motor off and
see if the throttle spool hits the W.O.T. switches.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, peteh269@xxxx wrote:
> Thank you all for your help.
>
> I noted three problems with the car I am looking at:
> 1 - A clank from the pass. side rear when turning.
> 2 - The pedal is hard to push and you push way down but the car
never seems to stop in the time that is should - It just takes too
long to stop.
> 3 - The engine seriously lacked power. Staring in the middle of the
hill was virtaully impossible. I go faster on my 10 speed. Dump the
pedal to the floor and it had no effect really. It will get up to the
desired speed very slowly. On the freeway, I was never able to get
the "passing gear" on the automatic to kick in.