Woes #2

Thank you all for your help.

I noted three problems with the car I am looking at:
1 - A clank from the pass. side rear when turning.
2 - The pedal is hard to push and you push way down but the car never seems to stop in the time that is should - It just takes too long to stop.
3 - The engine seriously lacked power. Staring in the middle of the hill was virtaully impossible. I go faster on my 10 speed. Dump the pedal to the floor and it had no effect really. It will get up to the desired speed very slowly. On the freeway, I was never able to get the "passing gear" on the automatic to kick in.

The car is a July 1981 with 37k miles. thanks
pete